Trekking In Andaman Islands
Trekking is a standout amongst the most looked for adventurous experience sport in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Camps are the right decision for nature-beaus who wish to appreciate the sun, ocean and nature by spending calm occasions right on the shoreline.
MOUNT HARRIET - SOUTH ANDAMAN - MADHUBAN
Mt Harriet Kalapathar Trek is the Second highest peak in Andaman can be reached by a ferry from Chattam and from there by a Jeep to the peak. Mt. Harriet has some of the most magnificent bird sightings including many endemics & lifers. The total trail is 16 km.
One can go trekking through the nature trail from Mt. Harriet to Madhuban and appreciate the uncommon woods life, verdure. There are other trekking courses too. Some of the time, trekking undertakings are just a day or two long. In any case, on different events, trekking at Andaman and Nicobar islands can reach out for quite a long time or even months.
Chidyatapu – Munda Pahad – South Andaman
Get ready for the adventure in the wild with this thrilling trekking expedition at Chidiyatapu, Port Blair.Start your tour at 1:00 PM after getting picked up from your hotel and drive to Chidiyatapu which will take around 45 minutes. Pass through the dense jungles and the small hills before reaching Chidiyatapu and pass through Kalapathar. Click some memorable pictures here and then continues your drive. Upon your arrival, you will start trekking to Munda Pahad through the dense jungles. You will be accompanied by an experienced guide who is well aware of the trails here.
Soak in the beauty of the region and listen to the chirping of the birds as you keep continuing your trek. You will complete your trek after 40 - 60 minutes of time, depending on your pace and then reach the southmost end of the island. Conclude your tour after getting dropped back to your hotel.
Things To Carry
Hat + Sunscreen + Sunglasses + Camera +Comfortable shoes + Comfortable clothes + Towels +Medical Kit + Snacks + Energy Bars + Water Bottle Minimum 2 persons are required to book this tour.
Elephant Beach – South Andaman at Havelock Island.
Start your trekking adventure at around 8:00 AM and head out for the trek. Soak in the amazing beauty of the region as you trek through the small roads of the island. You will be accompanied by an experienced guide who is well aware of the grouds here. Trek through the forest and then slowly reach the marshland and mangrove forest before reaching the Elephant beach. You will complete your trek in about 45 minutes and then head out for your snorkelling adventure. After a short brief about the activity, you will snorkel for around 30 minutes. Discover the aquatic world and the stunning corals. Spend some time at the beach. Conclude your activity at 1:00 PM as you return back after completing snorkelling. Once you reach Elephant beach you rest and make yourself comfortable. Later you can indulge in Snorkeling activity by paying at the spot based upon your interest.During the trek we make sure that we carry some refreshments. An umbrella can be availed on demand without any extra cost.
NOTE : The trip is not recommended for people who have problems during trekking or fatigues after a short walk.
Baratang Island – Middle Andaman - Limestone caves
Baratang island in the Andamans provide some rare experiences. It is covered with dense and mysterious tropical forests with white stretches of sandy beaches.We takes you to the limestone caves in Baratang island. The journey itself is so thrilling through the Jarwa-inhabited jungles that you start getting goose pimples. After a 3 hour drive you have to take a speedboat, the ride which lasts for another 30 minutes and then about a 1.5 Km walk to finally arrive at the cave. Different types of natural deposits are found here.
Diglipur North Andaman -Saddle Peak of Mountain
Saddle peak mountain is the largest in Andaman & Nicobar Islands. It is located in Diglipur, North Andaman. This mountain can be seen from anywhere in Diglipur. It is about 742 meters high. Many tourists visit this island to see the beauty of this mountain. They capture the images this beautiful mountain. Comprising the highest peak of Andaman Archipelago, Saddle peak national park is a prime tourist attraction of North Andaman. Hiking the trail to Saddle peak is the best trekking experience of Andaman Islands. Open and closed canopies created by gigantic trees of tropical forest are a unique offering of the trail. Outside the lovely coastline of archipelago, Saddle peak is quite a diverse experience bit inland and must for those who want to go underneath the tropical rain forest. Known for its diverse, unique and some endangered flora, Park is a favorite of naturalists.
Important points to remember
- You should start your journey at 4 am so as to reach the Lehmia Bay Beach at 5.15am
- At Lehmia Bay you have to obtain a permit for those who are going for trekking trip to saddle peak @ Rs 20/- per head from the Range Officer, Forest Department.
- Wear Full Pant , Full hand T-Shirt & high gripping shoe because at the higher altitude there are lot of mosquitoes. They bite piercingly.
- Each participant should have a bag containing at least 1kg of cucumber, 2litres of water, towel, small polythene packet for saving your cell phone from rain occurs otherwise.
- You can take your cell phone because at the top we can get the signal and can dial to the near and dear.
- You can have your breakfast either at the Lehmia Bay Beach or at the base camp at your choice. The distance between the Base camp & The Lehmia Bay Beach is almost 6km which should be covered by foot.
- the base camp you have to arrange a strong stick for supporting while climbing.
- All should move in a group.
- You should be physically fit.
- Your friend will not be in a position to help you because he may in a exhausted stage.
- You have to walk for almost 3 hrs to reach the top.
- At the top you have a temple with shivling and nandi.